Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This is getting serious!!

Hey all - as of today, we are officially in "spaghetti dinner mode." The dinner will be in full swing this time on Saturday. Now, I know that Shane and Holly have had this on their minds for weeks but it wasn't until our radio hits this morning that I got really excited. At 6:45 a.m., Shasta, Holly and I loaded into my vehicle and headed to Forever Broadcasting in State College. The rainy day didn't have us in the most cheerful of moods but upon entering the station, we all perked up. We were greeted by Scott and then waited for the walk of fame. We did approximately 2 minute hits on MAJIC 99, BIG Froggy 101, WRSC-FM and 93.7 THE BUS. Holly did a great job taking the lead and promoting our event. Shane has decided that she should be a DJ and we can call her Holly Wolly in the morning. Um, we'll see how that goes...anyway, the folks at the radio station were so awesome and did a great job. More importantly, however, we were finally able to meet face-to-face with Doreen Perks and her colleague, Jen Finkle of the Bob Perks Cancer Fund. After many emails, it was nice to put a face with a name. We then enjoyed breakfast and spent several hours talking and getting to know each other. I think this really motivated us all and we are all really looking forward to Saturday. Meanwhile, during our chatting (you know how girls can talk and talk and talk...), I received a voice mail from a lady at WTAJ wanting to do a news story on the dinner. WOW!!! I was so excited!! Long story short, Holly will be debuting on the 5 o'clock news. I still don't know how/when/where WTAJ heard about the event but this is so so sooooooo awesome. The Cancer Fund is always looking for donations and we hope advertising will get us a good crowd so we can give them a nice amount of money to help others. I hope to see you at the dinner, and if you don't have tickets yet...call me!! 

-Shawna :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment